Ways to Reduce The Effects of Stress
Although you may not be able to eliminate the cause of your stress, you can work to relieve the effect it has on your mind and body during your wedding planning. Here are some helpful stress reducing tips.
1. Avoid Time Crunches. When your juggling a lot of different schedules for different people you can expect there will be some delays so start planning early.
2. Hire The Professionals. You are going to be juggling a lot more in your life now. A Wedding Planner can take some of that burden off your shoulder and do a lot of the legwork for you.
3. Exercise Reduces Stress. Any form of physical activity of 20 to 30 minutes at least 3 times a week will significantly reduce your stress and help you stay in shape to fit into your dress.
4. Take A Deep Breath. Breath in deeply and slowly to a count of 8, hold your breath with your abdomen extended. Then slowly exhale to a count of 8. Repeat for up to 10 minutes.
5. Be Mindful of the Present. Pay attention to what is happening now. Stop worrying about the future and dwelling on the past.
6. Live a Healthy Lifestyle. Take care of yourself by getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and avoiding or limit the use of outside stimulants such as caffeine, alcohol, tobacco, etc.
7. Go To Your Happy Place. Visualize a scene that makes you feel happy and relaxed to reduce the tension and stress you are feeling.
8. Practice Yoga. Yoga helps to bring a relaxed state of mind using controlled breathing and stretches for the body to relieve muscle tension.
9. Prayer or Chant. Saying a prayer or chanting a mantra can lower stress and help you feel calm and protected.